- The Northern Lights Hotel is hereinafter referred to as the COMPANY. The user of this site is hereinafter referred to as the USER and/or TOUR PARTICIPANT.
- The USER's access to and use of the Site is subject to the following terms and conditions and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the Site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, the Terms and Conditions and acknowledge that any other agreements between the USER and the COMPANY are superseded and of no force or effect.
- The USER should assume that everything the USER sees or reads on the Site is copyrighted and may not be used except as provided in these Terms and Conditions or in the text on the Site without the written permission of the COMPANY unless otherwise noted. The COMPANY neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials displayed on the Site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with the COMPANY.
- The COMPANY hopes that the USER will find this Web site to be useful and reliable; however, the COMPANY cannot guarantee the following: that the content or other information provided through the service will always be accurate or up-to-date, that any of the functions of the service will always be error-free, although the COMPANY aims to do its best to provide the most accurate information as possible. If the USER sees errors on this website, please contact us right away.
- The USER's use of and browsing in the Site are at the USER's own risk. Neither the COMPANY, any of its agencies, nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of the USER's access to, or use of, the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to you "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITIED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to the USER. The COMPANY also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect the USER's computer equipment or other property on account of the USER's access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or the USER downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the Site.
- Any communication or material that the USER transmits to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise, excluding personal or credit card information but including any data, questions, comments, suggestions or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and nonproprietary. Anything you transmit or post becomes the property of the COMPANY or its affiliates and may be used for any purpose, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting. Furthermore, the COMPANY is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication the USER sends to the Site for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products using such information.
- Images of people, places, and products displayed on the Site are either the property of, or used with permission by, the COMPANY. The use of these images by the USER, or anyone else authorized by the USER, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or specific permission provided elsewhere on the Site. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
- The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively the "Trademarks") displayed on the Site are registered and common law Trademarks of the COMPANY and others. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Site without the written permission of the COMPANY or such third party that may own the Trademarks displayed on the Site. The USER's use of the Trademarks displayed on the Site, or any other content on the Site, is strictly prohibited. The USER is also advised that the COMPANY will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution.
- This Web site contains links to other Web sites. The COMPANY is not responsible for the content, privacy practices, or accuracy of: opinions expressed in or any other aspects of such Web sites. Such Web sites are not investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy or completeness by the COMPANY.
- All information contained on the COMPANY's website, has been compiled from up to date details and the COMPANY has taken care to ensure its accuracy. There may however be occasions when an advertised facility is either modified or unavailable. Such situations may be dictated by local circumstances, necessity for maintenance, local construction work, water shortages, adverse weather, fuel shortages, power cuts, and other circumstances beyond the COMPANY's control. If the COMPANY is advised of this, the COMPANY will of course inform the USER as soon as possible, but the COMPANY cannot be held liable in such circumstances.
- The hotel is booked for normal holiday or business travel use only. The number of occupants must not exceed the maximum occupancy as stated on the COMPANY's site, unless prior permission is given for a baby cot or similar. Pets/animals are not allowed except by prior consent of the owners/operators. The USER should please ensure that on vacating the hotel the accommodation is left as the USER found it, clean and tidy, removing all personal belongings, food, groceries, refuse/rubbish.
- Accommodation must be 100% prepaid when booking. This deposit is refundable if the USER cancels his or her reservation up to 7 days before planned check in. A cancellation charge equal to 1 nightґs accommodation per hotel room booked will be applied if cancellation is made within 7 days or less of check in or if the USER fails to arrive. A cancellation fee equal to 100% of 1 nightґs accommodation per apartment or hotel room booked will also be applied if the USER moves out of the hotel 1 full day or more before the USERґs reserved departure time.
- The USER is responsible for the keys whilst they are in the USER's possession and for their safe return to the COMPANY.
- Conduct. All visitors are required to conduct themselves in a manner, which is acceptable to both the local management company, and to fellow visitors. Disruptive behavior caused by loud music and/or late night/early morning rowdiness will not be tolerated. Failure to comply with this request will result in the USER being ejected from the property without notice. The USER understands and accepts this.
- Cancellation by the USER. Notice of cancellation must be made in writing to the COMPANY. Cancellations are stated to the cancellation fees as stated in these Terms and Conditions.
- The hotel is reserved only for the number of people stated in the reservation form. Extra persons are allowed only with the COMPANY's permission. It is the USER's responsibility to ensure that all his or her documentation is in order. Please check it carefully.
- Accommodation Availability. All accommodation offered is subject to availability at the time of booking. If for any reason the accommodation originally reserved is not available, the COMPANY undertakes to provide alternative accommodation of a similar standard. The USER understands and accepts this. If a hotel accommodation that was offered and paid for is unavailable, the COMPANY will offer alternative accommodation or a full refund on request usually within 2 days of submitting the USER's order.
- The COMPANY may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. The USER is bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then current Terms and Conditions to which the USER is bound.
- Immediate Check-In at hotels. The COMPANY will do its utmost to facilitate immediate check-in for its travelers, however, this is not guaranteed. Most hotels allow check-in to take place during the mid-afternoon. Usual check in time is at 13:00 and check out is at 12:00. Should the USER choose to have his or her room ready for immediate check-in, the COMPANY can arrange this for an additional charge. Please contact the COMPANY for details and prices.
- Travel Insurance, which provides cancellation coverage, medical coverage and protection against lost or damaged luggage, is not included in the prices of the COMPANY and is strongly recommended. For more information on obtaining travel insurance, see the Travel Insurance page of this site.
- Cancellation of Extra Services. For extra services booked in connection with the services offered on this Site: Cancellations received 14 or more days prior to the date that the service will be rendered will be refunded in full excluding for visa support and airline and train tickets which are 100% non refundable; 14-4 days in advance will be charged 50% of the price (amount equal to 1 night or price of service to be rendered); 3 or less days in advance will be charged 100% of the price (amount equal to 1 night or price of service to be rendered).
Sending tickets by post is slightly risky anywhere in the world. Our company uses the postal carriers DHL (for express post) and West Post (for regular post sent via Finland – which of course is more reliable than regular Russian post) which we have found to be generally reliable. However, City Realty cannot guarantee the safe delivery of tickets. We will always do our best but the customer must realize that once the tickets have been posted, they are out of our control. Therefore, delivery of tickets is at the customer’s own risk and if tickets are subsequently lost in the mail, both postage costs and ticket cost are 100% non-refundable. The customer understand and accept this.
- Claims and Refunds: Refunds are not made for any missed services except for verifiable extenuating circumstances. Please see our Limits on the COMPANY's Responsibility on this page. For verifiable claims to be considered, they must be received in writing within 30 days of the termination of the program and be accompanied by supporting documentation and/or a statement from the Operating Company verifying the claim. Any adjustment considered will be based on the actual price of the services involved and not on a per diem basis. Adjustments will not be made for unused sightseeing trips or meals. The COMPANY will not accept any liability for any claims that are not received within 30 days of the termination of a travel program. All claims for days missed while traveling should be made in writing within 30 days of the termination of the program.
- Limits on the COMPANY's Responsibility. The COMPANY, its employees, shareholders, officers, directors, successors, agents and assigns (collectively the COMPANY), does not own or operate any entity which is to or does provide goods or services for your trip. It purchases transportation (by aircraft, coach, train, vessel or otherwise), hotel and other lodging accommodations, restaurant, ground handling and other services from various independent suppliers. All such persons and entities are independent contractors.
- As a result the COMPANY is not liable for any negligent or willful act of any such person or entity or of any third person. The USER understands and agrees to this. The USER also agrees not to seek damages for any reason whatsoever from the COMPANY.
- In addition and without limitation, the COMPANY is not responsible for any injury, loss, death, inconvenience, delay or damage to personal property in connection with the provision of any goods or services whether resulting from but not limited to acts of God or force majeure, illness, disease, acts of war, civil unrest, insurrection or revolt, animals, strikes or other labor activities, criminal or terrorist activities of any kind, overbooking or downgrading of services, food poisoning, mechanical or other failure of aircraft or other means of transportation or for failure of any transportation mechanism to arrive or depart on time.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE USER HEREBY WAIVES, DISCLAIMS AND RELEASES THE COMPANY, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, PARENTS AND AFFILIATES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS, FROM ALL CLAIMS OF ANY KIND (SPECIFICALLY INCLUDING ANY AND ALL CLAIMS FOR ACTUAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, ATTORNEYS' FEES AND COSTS, OR CLAIMS FOR INTEREST, EVEN IF THE COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RELATED TO, OR ARISING FROM, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, THE USERS ACCESS TO (OR INABILITY TO ACCESS) THIS SITE OR THE USE OF ANY INFORMATION, FEATURES, MATERIAL OR SERVICES CONTAINED THEREIN. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
THE COMPANY'S TOTAL LIABILITY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE STRICTLY LIMITED TO THE MINIMUM AMOUNT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE COMPANY'S TOTAL LIABILITY EXCEED FIVE US DOLLARS ($5.00). THIS LIMITATION IS THE COMPANY'S CUMULATIVE TOTAL LIABILITY FOR ANY AND ALL LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY CLAIMS, DEMANDS OR ACTIONS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT, THIS SITE, OR ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIALS ACCESSIBLE ON OR FROM THIS SITE.
- There are certain inherent risks in adventure travel and travel to Russia and the former Soviet Union in general. These include, but are not limited to, risks of white water rafting, kayaking and rafting (for example dangers of rapidly moving water, rocks and other submerged objects, hypothermia, etc), horseback riding, (for example, unpredictable behavior by the horses, being spooked, etc) hiking, walking safaris, downhill or cross country skiing, (for example, equipment failures, ice or other trail obstructions) and in all trips dangers of animals, inaccessibility to medical attention and difficulty in evacuation from remote locations in the case of a medical emergency. The USER assumes all such risks with regard to these possibilities.
BY OFFERING FOR SALE TRAVEL TO PARTICULAR DESTINATIONS, THE COMPANY DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT TRAVEL TO SUCH DESTINATIONS IS SAFE, ADVISABLE OR WITHOUT RISK, AND IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES THAT MAY RESULT FROM TRAVEL TO SUCH DESTINATIONS.
- Travel Advisories. It is the responsibility of the USER to become informed about the most current travel advisories and warnings by referring to the U.S. Department of State's travel website at www.travel.state.gov or by phone at 1-888-407-4747. In the event of an active Department of State Travel Warning against travel to the specific destinations location(s) of the trip, should the USER still choose to travel, notwithstanding any travel advisory or warning, the USER assumes all risk of personal injury, death or property damage that may arise out of the events like those advised or warned against.
- Arbitration Agreement: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating in any way to these Terms and Conditions, to the Responsibility Clause, to the online offerings, or any information relating in any way to the trip, or to the trip itself, shall be settled solely and exclusively by binding arbitration in St. Petersburg, Russia, in accordance with the rules of the St. Petersburg, Russia Arbitration Court.
The USER shall defend and indemnify the COMPANY and any Service Providers and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claim, cause of action or demand (including reasonable legal and accounting fees) brought by the USER or a third party as a result of THE USER'S use of this site or the USER'S use of any services offered on this site.
- Payment. The COMPANY accepts all major credit cards, bank checks, bank transfers and money orders. Payments for all services must be made in accordance with the terms above. Payments for services must be prepaid 100%.
- Visas that are paid for. Visa support is non refundable and subject to a 100% cancellation charge
- Rail tickets and domestic air tickets. Rail tickets and domestic air tickets are non refundable and subject to a 100% cancellation fee.
- Transfers. Transfers are non refundable within 72 hours of arrival and subject to a 100% cancellation fee.
- Delivery fees. Rail and air tickets should be collected from the COMPANY's local offices or delivered in Moscow or St. Petersburg only for a delivery fee of usually around $10. Delivery to airports and rail stations incurs the applicable transfer fee plus 10 USD. Courier deliveries to other cities or countries will be quoted at market rate and are the responsibility of the USER.
- Additional Hotel Charges. The USER is responsible for all other charges not included in the USER's voucher (meals, phone calls, laundry and mini bar, etc.). These payments must be made directly to the hotel at check out.
- Errors. The COMPANY cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred as a result of incorrect dates or data input by the USER. It is the USER's responsibility to supply the correct dates and information for all services requested.
- Passports and Visas. Passports and visa are the USER's responsibility. Visas are required for ALL travelers to Russia, Ukraine and Belorus. The COMPANY offers a service on the www.besthotelsrussia.com web site for the USER to obtain visa support letters for Russia. Visa support is free when booking accommodation for 3 nights or more, however this visa support is only valid for the dates of the USER's hotel stay. If the USER requires visa support with extended dates, the USER must make a specific request for these dates from the COMPANY. In this case, the COMPANY will charge a service fee equal to rates stated on this Site for a Russian Visa Invitation. This will allow the USER to obtain a visa from the USER's preferred Consulate. The USER should please check with his or her local Russian Consulate for full details of current requirements and charges.
Please note that only the Consulates of Russia have the authority to grant visas and the granting of a visa is entirely at their discretion. The COMPANY cannot be held responsible for the actions of the Russian Consulates or visas and passports lost in the mail.
- Changes to the USER's reservation. If the COMPANY cause any change to the USER's travel arrangements within 7 days of arrival and after confirming a requested service, the COMPANY undertakes to offer a similar or superior standard of accommodation without additional cost to the USER, or a prompt and full refund of all monies paid. In the highly unlikely event that it is not possible to provide accommodation of a similar or superior standard, the COMPANY will offer a prompt and full refund of all monies paid, unless the cause is by reason of force majeure.
- Contact details. If the USER fails to provide his or her correct email address and telephone number with country code, the COMPANY cannot be held responsible for the failure by the USER to receive documents and messages concerning the status of the USER's reservation. The COMPANY reserves the right to cancel reservations when the COMPANY is unable to contact the USER if necessary.
- PAYMENT OF THE COMPANY'S SERVICES CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET OUT HEREIN. By checking acceptance in the Terms and Conditions check box on the applicable payment page of this Site, the USER accepts these Terms and Conditions and authorizes the COMPANY to charge the USER's credit card for the payment amount indicated on the payment webpage of this Site. The USER agrees that placing a check in the check box on the payment page can and will be used by both the USER and the COMPANY in lieu of the USER's physical signature and that placement of the check in the check box will hold the USER responsible for the fulfillment of his or her responsibilities under these Terms and Conditions. An electronic copy of the USER's acceptance of the Terms and Conditions will be stored in the COMPANY's system and will be used to confirm to the USER's credit card company and the USER's bank of the USER's acceptance of the payment charge. The USER understands and accepts this